Friday, November 11, 2011

Almost home!

I am sitting here by the pool reflecting on what has been a fabulous trip. We have definitely used our trip to our advantage. Lots of lazy days at the pool and beach. A really long drive yesterday around the island of Oahu looking for turtles. Didn't find the turtles but ate at one of the famous shrimp trucks as recommend by Christine and Kristen! That was well worth the drive. We also stopped for shaved ice at the north shore. Weather has been pretty good with the exception of the wind, it feels just like Highlands Ranch with all the wind!
Things are definitely busy here in Ko Olina. Honolulu is hosting APEC and lots of foreign dignitaries here messing up the traffic. Thankfully we leave Ko Olina before Obama gets here and creates a traffic nightmare!
Looking forward to getting home and seeing our girl. We have missed her tremendously and will bring her next time! Also missing our 4 legged ladies too.
I am a bit apprehensive about coming home as I have an appointment with the oncologist on Monday afternoon. I will find out what my treatment plan is and frankly I am scared. I have tried not to stress and know it is out of my control but it doesn't make it any easier. Ahhh, I am going to try and enjoy our remaining 36 hours here.

Steph

No comments: